2021Q2 REVIEW: Toughness
Jun 18, 2021
LEADER'S FIELD GUIDE
Let’s reflect on the Leader’s Field Guides from 2021Q2. As you focus on “toughness”, how does drive and persistence play into your success?
It’s time for a review! Reflect on 2021Q2 and consider what you’ve incorporated into your leadership and what needs more attention. Think about how each topic challenges you to reflect on your perseverance over the last three months. What role are grit and tenacity playing? How can you enhance your influence through consistency and persistence? Let the following recap of the Leader’s Field Guide remind you of the lessons from this quarter. Using the lens of toughness, what overarching goal will you set for 2021Q3?
- Tires Don't Stay Buried: We brainstormed breaking issues and tasks into smaller parts and doing the hard work, so they don’t fester or steal our peace of mind. (Proverbs 10:12, Ecclesiastes 10:18)
- Superhero Moxie: We highlighted the value of the superhero’s capacity and initiative to withstand fear while applying expertise to problems with a moral code. (1 Corinthians 16:13, 14)
- Lost in a Crowd: We examined getting back to best practices, looking for unexpected paths, and having a specific target. (Isaiah 49:10, Luke 15:21-24)
- It Remains Day 1: We reviewed how innovation, curiosity, wandering, and the constant desire to improve led to the world’s largest brand valuation. (Hebrews 3:3, 4, Romans 1:17)
- Second Chances: We talked about how insisting on fundamentals and letting others lead is truly a form of hope, love, and strength. (Lamentations 3:21-23, Judges 16:28)
- Playing Your Hand: We learned a leader’s deceptive manipulation impacts trust by exploring the four suits, the ace, the “suicide king” of hearts, and the joker. (Proverbs 11:20,Hebrews 13:17)
- Intrapreneurship: We focused on seeking sponsorship, leveraging competition, being patient, and translating opportunity to serve the innovator. (Ecclesiastes 5:10, 1 Corinthians 1:10)
- Barriers to Change: We had a great conversation about the 5 stages of long-term change: Awareness, Desire, Knowledge, Ability, and Reinforcement. (2 Corinthians 4:16, 17, John 6:63-65)
- Best Job EVER: We discussed how compensation, culture and values, leadership, and work-life balance impact employee satisfaction. (Hebrews 6:10, 11)
- Death Zone Leadership: We reflected on transforming DUD (dangerous, unproductive, and dysfunctional) behavior into kindness and truth. (Zechariah 8:16, Luke 8:17)
I challenge you to make a formal list of outcomes you envision for 2021Q3. What habits can you establish in the next three months that would help you develop more mental and professional toughness-- at work and at home? (I can hardly express my gratitude for the community of support I have in our weekly Synergy Groups-- I learn so much from you and our Spirited conversations.)
by Michelle Sugerman • Leading Synergies, LLC • © All Rights Reserved
Visit a Synergy Group and discuss the transformative Leadership Development and
Spiritual Growth presented in the Leader's Field Guide. Synergy Group Members
can access this week's Synergy Group Agenda in My Gym Bag.
GET THE LEADER'S FIELD GUIDE DELIVERED!
Light-Hearted Wisdom for Serious Business