2021Q1 REVIEW: Strategy
Mar 19, 2021
LEADER'S FIELD GUIDE
Let’s reflect on the Leader’s Field Guides from 2021Q1. As you focus on “strategy”, how does forecasting play into your intentional design?
It’s time for a review! Reflect on 2021Q1 and consider what you’ve incorporated into your leadership and what needs more attention. Think about how each topic challenges you to reflect on your strategy over the last three months. What role is planning and forecasting playing? How can you enhance your influence through intentional design? Let the following recap of the Leader’s Field Guide remind you of the lessons from this quarter. Using the lens of strategy, what overarching goal will you set for 2021Q2?
- WIIFM of Kindness: We discovered the return on investment in kindness, in addition to financial, is physical, mental, and mutual. (2 Corinthians 9:7, Luke 6:38)
- The Next 100 Days: We highlighted the value of pursuing input, stakeholders, and expectations in order to be victorious in our Waterloo. (Ephesians 1:11, Isaiah 40:29)
- Situational Brainstorming: We focused on various brainstorming scenarios, like problem-solving, coaching, and planning. (Proverbs 19:21, Proverbs 4:23)
- From Stranger to Raving Fan: We reviewed 8 stops on the Customer Value Journey, client destinations from awareness to excitement to promotion. (Hebrews 13:5, 6)
- Big Ben, Small Changes: We learned that small changes in internal environment and external influences can be managed early with tiny adjustments. (Ephesians 5:15, 16)
- Case of the $15,000 Pizza: We examined the importance of a good example, first impressions, email etiquette, and the big picture. (Matthew 7:1-4)
- Getting to Inbox Zero: We reviewed how to manage our email rather than being managed by leveraging the 6 Ds and other techniques. (James 1:19, Proverbs 29:11)
- Perception is Everything: We talked about how a team’s risk attitude (risk-adverse, -tolerant, -seeking) is developed and how to respond. (Proverbs 27:11, 12, Ephesians 4:2)
- Extinguishing Burnout: We discussed three insights from grilling and related them to igniting, flaring up, and controlling burnout. (Exodus 34:21, Mark 2:27)
- Peaches & Coconuts: We considered how to get to the inner circle through the thick exterior of the Coconut and solid pit of the Peach. (Matthew 27:24, Numbers 20:8-12)
- TAG! You're It: We explored seeking knowledge, acknowledging fallibility, and modeling curiosity for learning, innovation, and growth. (Psalms 32:7, Nahum 1:7)
I challenge you to make a formal list of outcomes you envision for 2021Q2. What habits can you establish in the next three months that would help you develop more thoughtful discipline and intentional design-- at work and at home? (I can hardly express my gratitude for the community of support I have in our weekly Synergy Groups-- I learn so much from you and our Spirited conversations.)
by Michelle Sugerman • Leading Synergies, LLC • © All Rights Reserved
Visit a Synergy Group and discuss the transformative Leadership Development and
Spiritual Growth presented in the Leader's Field Guide. Synergy Group Members
can access this week's Synergy Group Agenda in My Gym Bag.
GET THE LEADER'S FIELD GUIDE DELIVERED!
Light-Hearted Wisdom for Serious Business